Friday, February 20, 2009

Birthday weekend!

Well.....I am so excited because Evie flys in tonight and Vicki is coming over after school and we are going to go out to dinner. I am so excited to spend my whole birthday weekend with my friends.

I Have always been told I DO NOT look my age. People actually act surprised when I tell them. I am one of those women who tells her age whenever someone asks. I have always felt proud that I have stayed out of the sun and I don't have wrinkles etc.......

BUT the last couple weeks I have been having a hard time with the 40th birthday. I think this is when you really know you are no longer a young woman. I am glad we have such young children because they keep me very young, I can't imagine what I would be doing during my free time if not for them.

I know age is just a # but now you have certain tests as a woman you have to take etc..........but the bottom line is I am sooooo grateful to be 40 or any other age I make it to! To have a loving husband that still thinks "I am hot"! and 3 amazingly healthy kids is too much to ask for. But I will take it and run into the next chapter of my life screaming "HERE I COME" I will enjoy every bit of it and savor the friends and family that have been there the whole time.


We are going out tonight, then to Disneyland (adults only) tomorrow and then the House Of Blues tomorrow night. Sunday I think Evie and I will catch a brunch before she has to fly home. :-( And then I will celebrate on my real birthday monday with my husband and kids......yahhhh.

So that is what I am doing this weekend........I am looking forward to seeing everyone on saturday night.

XOXO Julie

No comments: