Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Potty training..........part 2

Well, I thought I would let everyone have a update on Abbys potty training......
I must say I thought she would be easy because she is very smart and into pleasing. So, she is doing so great. I have not let her sleep without a pull-up yet though, I think she is still not there yet as far as waking up and going herself.

She goes both one and two in the potty so that is great, you know some kids are afraid of #2 in pottys I have found. But she does it everytime, I worry because she goes to the bathroom constantly so I fear she has my weak bladder. NOT GOOD.

So what was so exciting was that I have yet to leave the house with her just in panties, 1st my thoughts are everywhere we go is far, 2nd if she forgets and there is that kind of mess I will be there alone to clean up and have the babies.....yikes.
But we went to visit my friend Kim yesterday in Lakewood and we met at the park so I knew Abby would be thinking only of playing and not going to the bathroom, plus the drive there is about 1 1/2 hrs. So I put her in a pull-up and of course I just was visiting not thinking about the potty training so she went in her pull-up.......ok, fine.

Then we go to In-n-out to see Kim's sisters daughter Lauren, who I use to babysit alot as a child ( beautiful by the way) so I try and change her in my minivan while Kim and Emily are laughing outside the door because I dump about a bucket full of sand onto our nice clean floor Abe had just detailed.

As most of you know what a freak he is about the cars being clean, yah right living on a dirt road I don't think so..... back to the story. I know I am all over the place with this, anyways I change her there after Kim and Emily hold her and take the other shoe off with a bucket full and sand in it (poor thing) while they are laughing so hard saying "they have never seen so much sand in a shoe". LOL.


So we eat and then the visit was over, it was about 4 hrs long (too short) I wanted to hang out all day, I loved seeing them.

We headed to my aunts in Costa Mesa because I was not about to drive home in the traffic, so we went there and had a visit and ate dinner then drove home at 7:30pm (long day). Well anyways she never went potty again in her pull-up and I just forgot until she called me from the bathroom saying she had gone potty, BY HERSELF! So the rest of the visit she would go in there and go 1 and 2 by herself and then call me even with the pull-up on. I am so proud of her............now to just get the courage to leave the house without the pull-up on and to let her sleep with her panties on. What a wonderful day that will be, until the babies are ready ugggggggggg. I will start sooner with them!!!

Well I know I rambled but thats my story. So I just want to say YAHHHHHHHH
for Abigail, see family of mine she will be potty trained before she is three, we just have one more month to get it down........LOL.

No comments: